Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Risotto--Daring Cooks Challenge


As usual, I waited until the last moment to get the challenge done. My wife doesn't care much for risotto, so I wanted to do something a little different. In addition to infusing the stock with lemongrass and some kaffir lime leaves, I dehydrated several of the kaffir lime leaves and crumbled them into the risotto. I also added some diced red pepper and shallots. I think some lime juice would have brightened the dish. The basic recipe for the challenge can be found here.

The 2010 March Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Eleanor of MelbournefoodGeek and Jess of Jessthebaker. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make risotto. The various components of their challenge recipe are based on input from the Australian Masterchef cookbook and the cookbook Moorish by Greg Malouf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions you would like me to answer, please e-mail me. Otherwise, please check back on the post where you commented for any updates.