Thursday, September 16, 2010

Strawberry Lemongrass Jam


Steph Chows recently hosted her second annual jam exchange.  I thought I'd miss this one because I was out of the country most of the summer, visiting family and friends in Indonesia.  I'm not really much of a jam eater (I confessed to my exchange partner that I still have jam left from last year's exchange), but I like the idea of an exchange, so when I saw that I still had a chance to participate I did so.


Although I will blog about any recipe that I think is worth sharing, I try to tilt towards Southeast Asian food, or dishes with a Southeast Asian flavor.  Lemongrass is one of my favorite herbs and when I discovered Christine Ferber's recipe for strawberry lemongrass jam, I knew I'd have to make it.  Our freakishly cool summer has extended the strawberry season in Sacramento, and I was able to pick up a flat of six pints of strawberries from the nearby field for $10.



Although I've since bought Mes Confitures, which has a number of different and delicious sounding preserves, at the time I made the jam I found the recipe on The Wednesday Chef's blog.  To get the recipe, please visit The Wednesday Chef's post


3 comments:

  1. oh this looks beautiful! So glad you still participated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combination of strawberry and lemongrass sounds DIVINE! Are you sure you're not a jam eater? Send some my way next time, will ya? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,
    If you're going to the Foodbuzz Festival this year, send me an e-mail beforehand to remind me to bring you a jar.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions you would like me to answer, please e-mail me. Otherwise, please check back on the post where you commented for any updates.